Scholarships make it easier for students to pursue an education. As a result, the University of Coimbra in Portugal is granting Merit Undergraduate international awards. For the academic year 2021-2022, the bursary is available.
The studentship is available for outstanding students planning to pursue an undergraduate degree at the University of Coimbra.
The University of Coimbra, founded in 1290, is one of the world’s oldest universities and the oldest in Portugal. UC is divided into three campuses and is made up of eight faculties that provide a broad and diverse academic portfolio.
Why do you want to study at Coimbra University? This university education assists you in developing job skills, learning to think critically, and coming to a better understanding of yourself and the world around you.
The deadline for applications is April 15, 2021.
University of Coimbra
Degree Level: Undergraduate Awards: Up to 2000 EUR
The mode of access is online, and the number of awards is 200.
How to APPLY
To be considered for the award, students must enroll in an undergraduate degree program at the university.
Following that, applicants must fill out the application form for this opportunity. Students will be required to submit copies of their academic transcripts or certificates, a copy of their passport, curriculum vitae, and proof of language ability.
Admission Requirements: To study at the Bachelor level, students must present a transcript of upper secondary education, and international students must also pass an entrance exam in some institutions.
Language Requirements: When studying at the Un, you should check the English language requirements.
Good News: How To Apply For Scholarship At The Ghana Scholarships Secretariat 2021
KNUSTconnect.Com brings you how how to apply for a scholarship at the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat 2021. Here we bring you all the scholarships gist you can ever think of.
Welcome to the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat’s online application System and how to apply for scholarships from the secretariat.
Applicants are to note that, the service provided by the Secretariat is FREE and that, no Individual, Group, or Third Party entity has been engaged by the Secretariat to assist any applicant.
Kindly read thoroughly and complete your application.
1. Open the web address www.scholarshipgh.com
2. Create an account to register
3. Complete the application form and upload academic transcripts, admission letters, and academic certificates.
4. Complete an online aptitude test and be scheduled for a selection interview in your selected district.
LOCATION: North Ridge, GES Council Building, located behind the Accra High School
HOTLINE: +233302 9629 28, +233302 9629 29, +233302 9629 30, +233302 9629 31
EMAIL: [email protected]
GPS: GA 028-2065
How To Apply For Scholarship At The Ghana Scholarships Secretariat 2021
This article is brought to you by KNUSTconnect.com
For your daily job opportunities click here Dailytrendz
Fully-Funded Rotary Peace Fellowships 2021 Scholarship – APPLY
Each year, Rotary selects up to 130 peace and development leaders from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships to pursue a Professional Development Certificate Program or Masters Degree Program related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention at one of the participating peace centers around the world (USA, Japan, UK, Australia, Sweden, Thailand, Uganda).
• Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA: Master of International Development Policy Program (MIDP) or various degrees offered by the University of North Carolina
• International Christian University, Japan: Master’s Degree in Peace Studies
• University of Bradford, England: Advanced Practice in Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution MA
• University of Queensland, Australia: Master of Peace and Conflict Studies (MPACS)
• Uppsala University, Sweden: Peace and Conflict Studies (MS.Sc.)
• Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (certificate program): Professional Development Certificate in Peace and Development Studies (PgCert)
· • Makerere University, Uganda (certificate program)
Important Note: Fellowship recipients may not study at a Rotary Peace Center in their home country, with the exception of candidates from Thailand, who may attend the center at Chulalongkorn University and candidates from Uganda, who may attend the center at Makerere University.
Level/Field of study:
Professional Development Certificate Program or Master’s Degree Program in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention
Anyone endorsed by their local Rotary District.
No. of Scholarships:
Up to 50 fellowships for master’s degree and 80 for certificate studies are awarded each year.
The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
• Have three years of related work experience for the master’s program (five years for the Duke
• Have five years of related work experience for the certificate program and be able to explain how their plan to promote peace aligns with Rotary’s mission (Candidates for Makerere University must either be from Africa, have worked in Africa, or work with African communities or initiatives outside the continent.)
• Be proficient in English
• Have a bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrate leadership skills
• Have a strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace
Take the eligibility quiz.
The deadline for candidates to submit applications to their respective Rotary district is 15 May 2021. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July 2021.
It is important to read the complete application instructions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.rotary.org/en/peace-fellowships
KNUST Scholarship: Call for Applications for Full Scholarship; PhD Programme in Climate Change and Land Use 2021 Admissions
West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL CCLU)
With funding from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
The WASCAL Doctoral Research Programme in Climate Change and Land Use (DRP-CCLU) is pleased to announce fully funded (tuition, stipend, research and travel grants) scholarships available for applicants from its eleven (11) West African member countries to study for PhD in Climate Change and Land Use at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana.
WASCAL is a wholly West African international organization with focus on academic and transdisciplinary research, building graduate-level scientific capacity and serving policy makers in West Africa with science-based advice on adaptation to climate change impacts and land use management. It cooperates with several agencies and universities in the region and across the globe, providing a knowledge platform of excellence for its partners. WASCAL is funded by BMBF, multilateral and bilateral partners and its 11 West African member countries, namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, The Gambia, and Togo.
WASCAL’s mission is to provide information and knowledge services at the local, national and regional levels to West African member countries to cope with the adverse impacts of climate change. This is done through capacity building support to young West African scholars in fields of climate, natural and social sciences and by delivering climate and environmental services in member countries.
The WASCAL Doctoral Research Programme (DRP) is one of twelve (12) Climate Change Centres in West Africa. The programme aims to provide state-of-the-art training for scientists and professionals in Climate Change and Land Use. The programme is multidisciplinary. Participants will acquire knowledge on climate change and its implications on land use for the West African region, and the policy and management practices that may be put in place to mitigate and adapt to the impacts.
The DRP through the School of Graduate Studies, KNUST is pleased to announce availability of scholarships. All applicants are encouraged to indicate on the fee-paying forms their willingness or otherwise to be enrolled as self-financing students with alternative means of sponsorship in case they do not qualify for scholarship.
Scholarship-holding PhD fellows will receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and other expenses for the duration of the programme. Approved travel costs, costs for fieldwork, etc., will be reimbursed. The disbursement of scholarship funds will be connected to the successful delivery of research work deliverables to be agreed upon between the programme Director, the Supervisor, and the PhD fellow at the onset of the research work.
Field research will be sponsored after a successful course work and defence of a PhD proposal. The PhD fellow can travel to Germany once during the PhD fellowship period to participate in PhD level courses and joint supervision, if their conditions allow. The trip will be 3 – 6 months in duration. Airfare will be paid for by WASCAL and a monthly stipend to cater for lodging and personal expenses in Germany.
In conformity with the entry requirement of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- Second Class (Upper Division) in their First degree and a good Master’s degree in Soil Science, Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Engineering option), Civil Engineering (Water Resources/Hydrology option), Geomatic Engineering, Natural Resources (Silviculture and Forestry, and Watershed management), Mathematics, Geography, Land Economy, Atmospheric Physics, Climatology, and other relevant disciplines, with an average of at least 60 %. Submit academic transcripts as evidence.
- English Proficiency as indicated below:
- Must have first or second degree with English language as the medium of instruction, OR
- Must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or IELTS) with above average score.
- Otherwise, the candidate will have to undertake a three-month pre-master’s intensive English course at University of Cape Coast.
- Full time availability for a period of forty-two months.
- Demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem-solving potentials.
- Experience with modelling and GIS would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Must be able to travel to Germany for a period of 3 – 6 months
Application Procedure and Contact:
Candidates may apply directly to the DRP CCLU by submitting all information requested via email to the Secretary at [email protected] / [email protected] and copy to [email protected] before June 30, 2021. For further information, you may call or WhatsApp on +233502662467 during office hours (08:00hrs to 17:00hrs GMT)
Completing Application Form
- Access the KNUST application form via the following:
- Carefully read the IMPORTANT NOTES on the Application Form
- Complete application form and upload a recent passport-size picture per the photo requirement of the application
- Submit the signed application form and other information to email addresses above.
KNUST in collaboration with the WASCAL CCLU Board will short list candidates. There will be a selection interview in/or near Kumasi or via telephone. The date of the interview will be communicated after shortlisting. The selection interview is mandatory to support the final selection of candidates. Successful candidates will then submit original hardcopy of the application package.
Application Supporting Documents/Additional Information:
- Completed application form
- Detailed CV
- Fee-paying form (Click here to download)
- Two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official transcripts for BSc and MSc degrees
- Photocopy of official certificates for BSc and MSc degrees
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Evidence of current and previous employments (if applicable).
- Submit both soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 3 pages outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of your research idea.
- Submit both soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. two pages) with the heading “WASCAL DRP – CCLU PhD” outlining the following:
- Why you want to study Climate Change and Land Use at the PhD level
- Your current occupation
- Why you are well-suited to study this programme
- How your admission into the PhD Climate Change and Land Use Programme will fit into your professional vision
- How your home country stands to benefit after your training
- You may also add other relevant information and/or experience you feel is necessary to support your application.
- Application deadline: June 30, 2021
- Send supporting documents in a single zip file
- Supporting documents in French must have an official English translation in addition
- Ineligible, incomplete or late applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by July, 2021 for an interview or to provide additional details.
Time Tables8 months ago
KNUST: Academic Calendar For 2020/2021 – 2nd Semester
Time Tables8 months ago
KNUST: 2020/2021 End of First Semester Examination Timetable (DRAFT) – IDL
Accommodation8 months ago
KNUST Approved Hostels, Their Locations And Hostel Managers Telephone Contacts
Campus News7 months ago
Top 10 Senior High Schools Noted For Producing Stubborn Boys In Ghana
Campus News8 months ago
How To Collect Your Certificate From KNUST As An Undergraduate and Postgraduate Student
Scholarship8 months ago
Parul University Scholarship 2021/22 – Students Can Apply For Masters
Admission8 months ago
Names Of Streets, Facilities, and Buildings In KNUST
Campus News8 months ago
All You Need To Know About ICY CUP At KNUST Campus