The 46 public education colleges are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the new four-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree program for the 2021/2022 academic year.
According to a statement obtained by Educationweb.com.gh, the 2021/2022 admissions process will conclude on Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
It should be noted that some colleges of education are under the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
Prospective students who complete their course of study will be awarded a certificate by their college of Education, which is affiliated with one of the country’s under-resourced public universities.
WASSCE /SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study
Candidates who are awaiting the MAY/JUNE, 2020 WASSCE and NABPTEX RESULTS are also eligible to apply.
Applicants for the Advanced Level of the General Certificate of Education (GCE)
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
have three (3) subject passes (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects, including English, Mathematics, a Science subject (for non-science students), and an Arts subject (for Science students)
Applicants for the Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Applicants must have three (3) subject passes (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
have passed the General Business Certificate Examination with credit in five (5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies (GBCE).
Applicants for Technical and Vocational Education and Training
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorized awarding bodies, plus NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
Have a NABPTEX certificate II in a relevant trade area, as well as three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects such as English and Mathematics.
Possess a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area from TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
All foreign qualifications should be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION PROGRAMMES ON OFFER are as follows:
a. B.Ed. Early Grade Education
b. B.Ed. Primary Education
c. B.Ed. JHS Education
Entry requirements for Special Needs Applicants
SPECIAL NEEDS APPLICANTS:
Study facilities are available at:
- N.J. Ahmadiyya, College of Education, WA
- Wesley College of Education, KUMASI and
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
Study facilities are available at:
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
a. Visually Impaired:
i. Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit Passes (A1-C6) in Two (2) CORE subjects including English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
ii. Applicants with SSSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Two (2) CORE subjects including English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
b. Hearing Impaired:
i. Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit (A1-C6) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
ii. Applicants with WASSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
Online Application Procedure:
Applicants will first make a payment of One Hundred and Fifteen Cedis, Fifty Pesewas (GHC115.50) into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide: Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
ii) Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallet: Tigo Cash, Vodafone Cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialling short code 9248# from all networks.
Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
A Personal Identification Number (PIN).
An Admission Application Serial Number.
The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill the online application form.
Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
NB: Applicants should note that each of the forty-six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated to the under listed public Universities and certificates would be awarded to students who successfully complete their course of study by the affiliate University.
A COMPILATION OF COLLEGES, THE SPECIALISMS AVAILABLE IN EACH COLLEGE AND THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITY TO WHICH EACH COLLEGE IS AFFILIATED.
UNIVERSITY OF GHANA (UG) UNIVERSITY FOR DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (UDS)
- Accra College of Education- Primary, JHS & Early Grade Education
- Peki College of Education-Primary & JHS Edu.
- Mount Mary College of Education, Somanya- Primary & JHS Education
- Enchi College of Education-Early Grade, Primary & JHS Edu.
- E.P College of Education, Amedzofe- Primary& JHS Education
- Gbewaa College of Education, Pusiga- Primary & JHS Education 1. Tumu College of Education- Primary, Early Grade and JHS Education
- McCoy College of Education, Nadowli- Primary and JHS Education
- Dambai College of Education-Early Grade, Primary and JHS Edu.
- Gambaga College of Education-Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- St. Vincent College of Education- Yendi- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- Al-Faruq –College of Education, Wenchi- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST (UCC)
- Foso College of Education- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- St.Francis College of Education, Hohoe- Primary and JHS Education
- OLA College of Education, Cape Coast- Primary, JHS & Early Grade Education
- Kibi College of Education-Primary and JHS Edu.
- Holy Child College of Education, Takoradi-Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- St. Teresa’s College of Education, Hohoe-Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- Jasikan College of Education –Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- Berekum College of Education; Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- St. Monica’s College of Edcation, Mampong-Ash. – Primary & JHS Education
- Atebubu College of Education-Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- Offinso College of Education-Primary & JHS Education
- S.D.A. College of Education, Agona-Ash.-Primary and JHS Education
- Abetifi Presbyterian College of Education-Primary & JHS Education
- St. Ambrose College of Education, Dormaa-Akwamu- Primary & JHS Education UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, WINNEBA (UEW)
1.St. Louis College of Education, Kumasi-Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education (Home Economics)
- Presby Women’s College of Education, Aburi-Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education (Home Economics)
- S.D.A. College of Education, Koforidua- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- Agogo Presby College of Education- Primary & JHS Education
- Methodist College of Education, Oda-Primary & JHS Education (Home Economics)
- Bia-Lamplighter College of Education- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- Presby College of Education, Akropong-Akwapim-Primary & JHS Education
- Komenda College of Education- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING (TVET)
- Mampong Tech. College of Education- Primary & JHS Edu.
- Ada College of Education- Primary & JHS Education
- Akatsi College of Education-Primary & JHS Education
- Bagabaga College of Education, Tamale-Early Grade, Primary & JHS Education
- N.J. Ahamadiyya College of Education, Wa- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
- St. John Bosco’s College of Education,Navorongo- Primary & JHS Education (Technical)
- Wiawso College of Education- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education (Technical)
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
- Akrokerri College of Education- Primary & JHS Education
- Wesley College of Education, Kumasi- Primary & JHS Education
- St. Joseph’s College of Education, Bechem- Primary & JHS Education
- Tamale College of Education: Primary & JHS Education
- E.P College of Education, Bimbilla- Primary, Early Grade & JHS Education
Bachelor BSc Biological Science At KNUST – All You Need To Know
Bachelor BSc Biological Science At KNUST
Biological sciences are the study of life and living organisms, their life cycles, adaptations, and environment.
The School of Biological Science offers a four-year undergraduate course leading to the BSc. (Honours) Degree in Biological Science.
Wassce /Sssce Applicants
Credits in THREE (3) Elective Subjects including Biology, Chemistry, and either Physics or Mathematics.
Five(5) credits at O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics plus passes at the A’ Level or equivalent in THREE (3) of the following relevant subjects: Chemistry, Zoology or Botany, Mathematics, Physics, Biology.
- Applicants must be at least 25 years at the time of submitting the application.
- FIVE (5) credits at the O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics
- FIVE (5) credits at the O’ Level and experience in Meteorological applications (in the case of 1.4b)
- WASSCE/SSSCE credits in THREE (3) Elective Subjects including Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and Mathematics.
For all the latest in politics, sports, and entertainment visit Ghana’s leading online news platform thus log on to GhanaCNN.com
How To Apply Into Health Training Institutions For 2021/2022
Following the Ministry of Health’s announcement of admission to Public Health Training Institutions for the 2021/2022 academic year, all qualified applicants are instructed to follow the application guidelines below to successfully complete the application processes.
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATION
The online admissions portal will be officially open from Wednesday, 14th April, 2021 to Friday, 30th July, 2021, according to the Ministry of Health.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES TO APPLY SUCCESSFULLY
1. Purchase applications codes from any Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) Branch at a cost of Two-hundred Ghana Cedis (GHs200.00).
NB: i. All purchased vouchers are valid up to 5th August, 2021 if not used.
il. No postage envelopes are required as all correspondence will be via SMS or E-mail.
2. Upon payment, applicant will receive a voucher giving them a unique PIN and Serial Number
3. Have a dedicated phone number and a personal valid e-mail address for all correspondences. (Please NOTE: do not use email address of relations)
4. You will need your residential and Ghana post digital address
5. Use the PIN code and serial number to access the application form online at https://healthtraining.gov.gh
6. Note that the online registration form is accessible only by the PIN and self-created password.
7. Follow the instructions carefully and fill the relevant stages of the admission process once the online application is opened.
8. Use the Pin and serial number to track the status of the admission process.
9. To purchase Ministry of Health Training Institutions E-Voucher through mobile money, dial “887*18# and follow the prompt
10. Note that only applicants who meet admission requirement will be invited to attend a competitive interview at the school of choice.
NOTE: You can visit any of the Public Health Training Institutions
nearby for assistance in the filling of your form.
All qualified applicants are hereby informed that, wrong filling of the form will affect their admission.
2021/2022: Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) Begins Undergraduate Admissions
KNUSTconnect.Com can confirm that the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) is inviting applications from qualified persons for admission into undergraduate Diploma and degree programmes for the 2021/2022 Academic Year.
The Ghana Institute of Journalism online application e-vouchers can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants at any Fidelity Bank Branch by providing your name and telephone number.
- Applicants will be required to fill a form before they are served.
- You will be provided your application number at the bank.
- After purchasing the e-voucher, applicants should follow the instructions given by going to http://registration.gij.edu.gh/apply/start to complete the on-line application.
Sunday, 31st August 2021 has been advertised as the deadline for applicants to submit their applications.
Time Tables4 months ago
KNUST: Academic Calendar For 2020/2021 – 2nd Semester
Time Tables4 months ago
KNUST: 2020/2021 End of First Semester Examination Timetable (DRAFT) – IDL
Scholarship4 months ago
Parul University Scholarship 2021/22 – Students Can Apply For Masters
Accommodation4 months ago
KNUST Approved Hostels, Their Locations And Hostel Managers Telephone Contacts
Campus News4 months ago
How To Collect Your Certificate From KNUST As An Undergraduate and Postgraduate Student
Admission4 months ago
Names Of Streets, Facilities, and Buildings In KNUST
Scholarship3 months ago
KNUST Scholarship: Call for Applications for Full Scholarship; PhD Programme in Climate Change and Land Use 2021 Admissions
Campus News4 months ago
All You Need To Know About ICY CUP At KNUST Campus